Friday, January 3, 2014

I'm Back.....Hopefully This Time For A While

It has been almost three years, but I'm back. And this time I plan on sticking with it (I've got a friend that's going to hold me to task). Let me tell you what prompted this return to blogging about my favorite subject, music.
I received an instant message yesterday morning from a good friend named Jon. We used to work together but I hadn't seen him in a while. He asked if I wanted to meet him downtown for coffee in fifteen minutes. I was doing nothing important, just grading 5th grade math tests, so I said of course. I grabbed my keys and headed out the door, anxious for good coffee and good conversation.
We grabbed a table by the window and started catching up, sharing stories about family and the holidays. But soon, as conversations with Jon tend to do, the topics got deeper. We started discussing how fulfilling life can truly be when you follow your passions. Now, I love teaching, I can't think of a more rewarding career, but my real passions, as Jon knows, are in music. Not creating music, listening to music, turning people on to music, sharing stories about music, etc. We started talking about how I can fulfill that passion, which led to a discussion about blogging and podcasts. 
Well, I've looked into podcasting, I even tried recording a sample. It felt awkward. I'm more comfortable in this forum so here I am, back to something I started almost three years ago. Hope you like it. Share it with your friends or family members that are also music fans. If there is an artist, album, or song you want me to talk about, let me know. My loves are classic rock, blues, and jazz, but I'm open to new experiences. "The more you love music, the more music you love."

No comments:

Post a Comment