Friday, January 10, 2014

Inspiraation

I was driving home from work today wondering what the topic of my next blog was going to be. I'm sure eventually they will come naturally and hit me like a lightning bolt of inspiration. Right now, I think I'm working too hard at it, and nothing is coming. It's like looking for something in your house;  the minute you stop looking for it that's when you find it. Inspiration is that lost pair of glasses.
Inspiration, maybe that's a good topic. Where do great song writer's get their inspirations from. I know it's a question they hate, I wonder how many interviews Bob Dylan has walked out on because some rookie asked "Where do you get your song ideas from?" Probably more than he cares to remember. But the honest truth is they have to come from somewhere.
Paul McCartney's inspiration for the Beatles song "Martha My Dear" off of the White Album was his English sheep dog Martha ( the one pictured on the cover of the McCartney album).
U2 was inspired to write "Sunday Bloody Sunday" by the political unrest in their native Ireland.
Led Zeppelin's "Battle of Evermore" was inspired by The Lord of the Rings.
A family pet, a work of literature, world events. Inspiration can and will come from anywhere you just have to be ready and recognize it when it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment